“Know how, act now” – Applications are now open for the 1st session of the “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context” held on June 4-8, 2018 at the Institute of Social Ethics ISE at the Faculty of Theology of the University of Lucerne. The “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context is organized under the patronage of UNESCO.
Students (BA, MA, PhD, postdoc) from around the world and from a variety of disciplines can apply to take part in building a global network for sustainable responsibility by participating in the “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context”. They do this by demonstrating their interest in present and future ethical issues in a global context and by having specific plans on how they can achieve a positive effect by implementing the skills learned at the Summer University in their individual situation and academic work, not to mention what they would bring to the global and interdisciplinary network of people involved in the fields of science and research.
The participants will achieve an internationally recognized certificate and 3 ECTS credits will be rewarded for
- preparation work (20 hours),
- active participation to the courses (30 hours) and
- the final paper (25 hours) on the action-based clarification of an ethical issue that is relevant for one’s own context and implementing the results accordingly – accompanied by two other participants as mentors.
Applicants should send us the following documents (written in English):
- signed application form
- curriculum vitae (one page/500 words) including recommendation letters from two professors
- letter of motivation (one page/500 words) that illustrates why you wish to participate in the “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context”, what you hope to gain from your participation for your academic career, and how you will implement your new knowledge locally (e.g. on campus, in your community, …)
Please send the documents via email to: email@example.com
Applicants who wish to participate in the “Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context” must apply by February 15, 2018. The selected participants will be notified within two weeks after the registration deadline.
Good command of English is required. The Summer University is conducted in English in its entirety and students are required to actively participate, both orally and in writing.